Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Ai Otsuka - Kingyo Hanabi

心に 泳ぐ 金魚は 恋し 想いを 募らせて
真っ赤に 染まり 実らぬ 想いを 知りながら
それでも そばにいたいと 願ったの
the goldfish that swims my heart is in love
making these feelings grow stronger
turning red, I knew nothing would come of feeling this way
but still I wished to stay with you


夏の匂い 雨の中で
ぽたぽたおちる 金魚花火
光で 目がくらんで
一瞬うつるは あなたの優顔
the scent of summer in the rain
the goldfish fireworks trickling down
I was blinded by the light
for a moment, I can see your gentle face


心に 泳ぐ 金魚は 醜さで 包まれぬよう
この夏だけの 命と 決めて
少しの 時間だけでも
あなたの 幸せを 願ったの
hope that the goldfish swimming in my heart
is not engulfed in ugliness
its life just lasts one summer
even if its just for a little while,
I wished for your happiness


夏の匂い 夜が包んで
ぽたぽたおちる 金魚花火
どんな言葉にも できない
一瞬うつるの あなたの優頗
the scent of summer, blanketed in the night
the goldfish fireworks trickling down
I can't seem to find the right words
for a moment, I can see your gentle face


夏の匂い 雨の中で・・・
the scent of summer in the rain...